Prenatal & Postnatal Classes
Congratulations! This is a special time in a woman’s life. At Core Connection we pride ourselves in guiding moms through a safe and effective Pilates program that honors your bodies changes and needs through pregnancy and postnatal recovery.
Exercise during pregnancy has been shown to reduce discomfort, ease the challenges of labor, and shorten post-partum recovery time. There is a long list of reasons to maintain a Pilates practice during your pregnancy and after. Here are a few of our favorites …
- Strong connection to the pelvic floor – a must have for organ support, ensuring a comfortable pregnancy and an easier labor
- Building core strength – helps to prevent diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Less discomfort due to maintaining muscle and skeletal balance
- Developing upper body strength – essential in meeting the physical demands of lifting and caring for your newborn
- And finally … a quicker return to your pre-pregnancy body and spirit!
Our experienced instructors will lead you through pregnancy specific exercise to help you stay toned, stretched and centered during your second and third trimesters. Pilates is simply one of the safest and most effective exercise programs you can do both during and after your pregnancy.
Private and Group Classes available.
A doctor’s approval is required.